Sunday, February 15, 2009

The Big Day


Now we know! We now know my Bone Marrow Transplant will be the 6th March, 2009. I will have a very high dose chemotherapy for 7 to 10 days leading up to that date. The actual length of that chemo will be decided closer to the date, but whatever the length, it will totally obliterate any remaining bone marrow I have, clearing the way for the new bone marrow to establish itself. This is really giving me a new immune system, and because of that, I have to be in isolation for many weeks afterwards. Isolation times vary from 2 to 18 weeks, and the average is 8 weeks. Hopefully I can look forward to being average or a bit better, and be out of isolation in early May. This is the treatment that will cure my leukaemia. Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment