Friday, January 30, 2009

Home Sweet Home. Again!!

This is just too good to be true. The Australia Day Long Weekend. I've had all my blood tests, I'm booked into theatre to have this infection removed next Thursday. My plateletes have been topped up. Dr Shaw says, "Well, you might as well go home". He didn't have to say it twice. We thought we might go up the coast and let me put my feet in the ocean, but that didn't work out, so we just decided, lets go right home.
We got home on Sunday night. We snuck in. We didn't tell Kristen and Rhys we were coming. Mum, Dad, and Georgia hid in the bedroom. Aimee hid under the desk. Dad hid the car next door. I sat on the lounge with just my head showing. Kristen and Tom came in, and Aimee made a little noise to make them look. We got them a beauty.
The next day, Kristen let me come with them in the Australia Day Parade in the back of Roylances ute. It was fun. I did get a bit hot though, so we didn't hang around at South Circle, because I can't be in a crowd. We went around the other side and watched the boat races from there in the shade. Kristen and Kaitlyn had a raft in it. I would love to say it was a sleek, streamlined beast, which cut throught the water with effortless ease, but I can't. At least they went in it, and they didn't come last. On Tuesday, we just stayed at home, watched a movie and had an early night, because I had to leave early for Sydney again the next morning. I had an appointment again with Dr Shaw, and my surgery the next day.

1 comment:

  1. How was aussie day for you

    was it fun being in a float thing ?

    hope to catch up soon

    ReplyDelete