Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Back in the Good Books

Things can change quickly when you are being treated for leukaemia. Last week they took a turn for the worse. This week they did the opposite. One of the best things about my central line infection was that it made my new immune system really work. And it did. My WCC shot right up to over 11 when I was feeling really sick. Today I had a CT scan of my lung again. There's a slight little white patch still there, but my cough has now gone, so the white cells are really kicking into gear. My blood results are really good today. WCC is 5.2, Neutrophils are 3.2, Hb is 122, Platelets are 211. So I'm really like a normal kid, nearly, except I don't yet have enough B & T type Lymphocytes in that WCC. There the ones I need to protect me from infections. There the ones I need to be able to go to school, to go shopping, or go to the movies. They're currently on 0.2, but they need to be over 1.0. Best of all though, today I was given the news that my central line will come out the next time I'm in Sydney. That will be another general anaesthetic, but it will remove the possibility of picking up another infection there. Last week we discovered a way to go to the movies without putting me at risk. We go to the drive in at Blacktown. We think it's the last one left in Sydney. It's really cool, I get to sit in the front, and Mum and Dad sit in the back. Dad said that's how it was in his day anyway, and when I asked him could he see the movie, he said it didn't matter, he never really saw the movie when he went to the drive in anyway. Huh? I don't get it? Old people can be weird sometimes.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Eliza

    I hope you liked the movie

    From Molly:)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. DRIVE IN MOVIES ! COOL ..

    Hope that was fun !

    OLD PEOPLE CAN BE WEIRD SOMETIMES ??? Lol..

    Thankgod your better (L)

    Love you so much..
    Elly

    ilysfm
    xx

    ReplyDelete