Tuesday, September 15, 2009

What a Fantastic Day

Today was a fantastic day. Today I went with Dad in the plane to visit his clients and friends the Harleys at Balowra near Nymagee. Dad really wanted me to go, and I'm really glad I did. The trip out only took 45 minutes and when we got there Phil and Marie met us at the airstrip. They were so nice. I can now see why Dad likes going to Balowra so much. Phil and Dad went to the wool shed to look at the wool, and Marie took me straight to the house. The Harleys have got a really cool buggy their grand children drive around in on school holidays. It is so much fun, I really want one. Marie showed me how to drive it, and I was hooked. We went up to the shed, me driving, to pick up the boys for lunch. I drove Dad back in the buggy. Marie made us a lovely lunch, and then I took Dad back to the shed, in the buggy. After Dad spoke to Dave the classer, we went back to the plane and flew home. I want to go back to Balowra again soon. The Harleys were so nice. (Below is a picture of me with the Harleys, and the buggy. Richard, Phil, Marie and Phillip. The Harleys call Phillip "Man". The other pictures are me in the buggy, me at the controls of Dad's plane, and looking out my window at the big mine at Parkes.)


When I got home to Forbes, Mum gave me some really good news. She said that Dr Shaw had called, and said I can finally go back to school. Yee haa!!!
What a really great day!!!

5 comments:

  1. hi Eliza that's really great news that you can return to school.you look pretty much at home in the buggy. way to go girl. gaye and emma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Eliza, I am Owen, one of Marie and Phil's grandsons. I also love going to Balowra to drive the buggy. My grandma is a good cook isn't she! I live in Cobar and I am going to Balowra very soon during the holidays. I hope you are feeling ok!
    Owen Potter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Eliza, we wrote a comment to you just after you came out to Balowra but it seems to have disappeared into cyberspace! We are very glad you had a good time at Balowra with the buggy and Kath and the kids wish they could have met you. We are so glad you are feeling better and are back at school. Rich Kath Mollie Emma Joseph & Eliza Harley xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Eliza

    Flying in a plane is SO... much FUN!!!
    Sounds like you had a great time at Balowra.

    From Molly :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kool

    Balowra is sooo much fun

    From Owen (one of Maries grandchildren)

    ReplyDelete