Wednesday, September 23, 2009

What a Great Week

This week was a great week. This week I finally went back to school. Only for two periods, but at least I got back. Bridget, the hospital liason is meeting with my teachers on Thursday to work out the best way to help me back into school. Going back to school was something I really was looking forward to, but the big, BIG, news this week was the much awaited arrival of Archie Quirk. Our friends David & Taryn had their first baby on 19th September, a beautiful little baby boy they named Archie Robert. Taryn & David promised me a nurse, and I couldn't wait. We finally got to visit them on Monday, and I had my nurse. He is so cute. (This is me on our front step, with my trusty hat ready to go for my first day at high school, finally. Me arriving at the Gates of School, with my year advisor for Year 7 Miss Danielle Forbes, and me with Archie.)

4 comments:

  1. E L I Z A !

    school is so much better with you there !

    we were missing you like CRAZY !

    and ARCHIE what a beautiful baby !

    xx Elly xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. great to see you back in school uniform eliza.
    gaye and emma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Eliza

    Archie is SO CUTE!!!
    Hopefully you could stay for the whole day at school one day.

    From Molly :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Eliza,
    I've been following your story for a while now, and have been very impressed by a very intelligent little girl who has shown maturity beyond her years. I used to live in Forbes and know your mum and dad, but must say I haven't seen you since you were very little. I was very excited to see you've made your way back to school (I'm an FHS old girl too!!) and was totally jealous of you cuddling Archie. We missed out last time we were home, because he was sleeping. I'm so happy for you and your beautiful family that you are back on track, you've caused me a few tears on the laptop over the last few months young lady! Stay well, stay happy, and tell dad to stop being a wimp. By the way, speaking from experience, I think a career in journalism beckons, you are a brilliant writer.
    Cheers to good health and hopefully we can catch up next rugby season when we're down cheering on the Platypi.

    ReplyDelete