Sunday, June 14, 2009

My Century

Today is day 100 post BMT. Apparently most people start to notice a bit of a difference about this time after a bone marrow tranplant. They all describe how their appetite is starting to improve, and they don't feel as sick. That is probably true, but the progress is so slow, it's really hard to notice. At clinic last week some of my counts had retreated a little (not enough to be a problem) which could have had something to do with the little sniffle I'd picked up. One thing I cannot afford to do is relax about being near people with colds. My official counts were Hb 103, which was up a little, my WCC was 3.8 which was slightly down, my neutrophils were down a little to 2.8, but my plateletes were up to 130. I don't seem to be able to keep these silly NG tubes down though. Another one came up yesterday, so I'll probably have to get a new one today. Not the way I'd planned on celebrating my first tonne.

Being home is sometimes a little boring because I can't go to school, or shopping or anywhere like Maccas, but sometimes I have to make my own fun, and anyone who knows me, knows I love clowning around. Below is my impersonation of the seven dwarfs. Happy, Doc, Sneezy, Bashful, Sleepy, Dopey and Grumpy.

4 comments:

  1. you just crack me up Eliza, go for it girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Eliza
    It's Molly here today my dog Ruby had 4 moodle puppies, she had 2 black ones a white one and also a brown one they are so cute I will take some photos and put them in your mail box on Tuesday (tomorrow). I like your pictures they are very cute and also funny, well gtg i will see you soon.

    From Molly
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Eliza
    Was talking to your dad today
    Glad to hear things are going well for you
    I have read all your blog today , boy what a journey you are on.I have never had tears in my eyes for such a long time at once. You guys have come through a lot. Good luck with the rest of your recovery
    regards chris H from Young
    PS I like the seven dwarfs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello..
    gosh ur a cutie!
    I love the 7 dwarfs.
    you should be an actor when u grow up!
    Hehe

    Love Elly

    ReplyDelete