Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Home in Sight


At clinic today, my blood results were good. Not much change mind you, but good. The doctors are at least pleased with where they are, but of course we all want them to be flying along. Today I had a CT Scan on my lung, again, just to see how that old infection site is going. We don't yet have the results for that. On the 25th I am due to have a bone marrow biopsy. This will be the first one since my transplant, so we are all hoping for a good result. Today, Dr Shaw confirmed that he only needs to see me on a weekly basis, so after the biopsy, I will be going home to Forbes, and visiting the hospital each Wednesday from there. It should work out ok, because I can just come to Sydney with Dad as he comes for his wool sales. I still have to try and steer clear from crowds, and that's why I will have to be careful with visitors when I get home. I'll tell you more about that later. Even when I go to Ronald McDonald House for a meal, I have to eat away from all the others, but so too does my little buddy Logan. So, Logan and I eat together in a room by ourselves. This is a picture of me with Logan.

3 comments:

  1. hey Eliza good to hear you have good blood results...its good that you can come back nearly every week..
    Moo's arm is getting better but she just got juice on it and she said it smells now..
    Good to hear you and Logan can eat together..
    Better go now. bell is about to go.
    Bye. Love Molly, Moo, Paige, Carly, Lauren, Isabelle, Miss Mcgekhan and Elly.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Liza,

    My you have made progress whilst I've been away! Great to hear that you may be able to 'go West' soon. I am looking forward to seeing you when you are given the all clear to mix with others.
    luv,

    Miss Lia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey Eliza
    this week we had our needles they feel funny...
    there is a new girl in year 7 and her name is Jess we have become friends with her... Our new subjects are Maths English Arg Art PE & Geography... We still play handball everyday... Elly said she say you down at the Lake fishing..
    So we better go the bell is bout to ring we love you so much <3 <3 Elly Moo Iszy Molly Paige Loza Carly & Ms McGeechan

    ReplyDelete