Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Bone Marrow Biopsy Monday



Monday was Bone Marrow Biopsy day. This was the first bone marrow biopsy since the transplant. Since I've done this a couple of times before, I knew the drill. Nil by mouth from midnight except for clear fluids. Then absolutely nil by mouth from 6am, and hope that my turn isn't too late in the day. It wasn't, and at 10.00am I was nodding off under general anaesthetic. I was only out to it for about 30 minutes. We wont have results for this biopsy for a couple of weeks. We're all just hoping the results are good. Here's a picture of me ordering my formula (the stuff that goes through the NG tube) outside the formula room, and me with the Oncology Clinic nurse Chrissy after my biopsy. Chrissy is a real character. She sings all the time. She even sings to the fish in the fish tank. They seem to like it. She is actually a really good singer.
Now all I want to do is to go home. I should now be on weekly visits to Oncology Clinic, which means I can go home to Forbes and come to Sydney every week, rather than live in Sydney and go to clinic every 2nd day. In time, if my counts keep improving, and my biopsy results are good, I could go to less frequent visits.

No comments:

Post a Comment