Friday, May 1, 2009

May Day

Friday the first of May is a significant day. It's the first day of May! As far as I'm concerned though, it's day 56 since transplant. Since my last post, nothing much has changed for me. I visit the Oncology Clinic on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. My counts are very, very, very slowly climbing, but I can't rely on them to be higher every time, than the time before. Sometimes they go back a bit. My platelet count seems to be holding, but my haemoglobin is slipping a little every time. It's probably inevitable that I will require another transfusion eventually. I still feel sick quite often, but it is probably slowly subsiding, although it's so slow you wouldn't notice. The doctors were testing me for some sort of virus called Adeno Virus. It apparently lives on all of us, but they wondered whether my lack of immunity was letting it affect me. Today I had another test for it, but it was negative, so maybe I'm just taking a long time to get over the nausea. Dr Melissa thinks I might be able to go home in 3 or 4 weeks. That's nice, but that's what she said 3 or 4 weeks ago. Oh well, slowly, slowly. I think I am feeling better, and I'm more mobile than I was. Uncle David and Auntie Cathy, and my cousin Hannah came to visit me this week which was good. It gave me someone different to play in Wii.

Just this afternoon, Dad and I went to Castle Hill and I took delivery of the trike that my friends at Forbes Rugby Club bought for me. I haven't yet taken it for a hit out, but that's my first job tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. you will be home soon, good as gold.
    the kiki connection xoxo

    ReplyDelete