Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Home.

After the Bone Marrow Biopsy yesterday, Dr Emma said that she saw no reason why I couldn't have my central line flushed and locked on Tuesday, rather than waiting until Wednesday, and then I could go home. I wanted to go home so badly, that Chrissy the nurse flushed and locked my lines, and said "You leave the Doctors to me. Off you go". It would just mean I was going to have to go for nine days instead of seven. My counts are good, and I have no real reason to be here. Besides, Georgia is playing in the school netball team on tuesday (today), and I wanted to be there to see it. So Mum and Dad hopped in and packed and cleaned, and we finally left the Ronald McDonald House Unit in Redbank Road, Westmead, at 6pm on Monday night and headed for our real home in Forbes. It has been a long haul, and I know it's not over yet, but being home is a big relief for everyone. Now I have to try and get back into school as best I can, even though I wont be able to go to school for a few months yet.

So, at 10.45 pm last night (Monday 25th May, 2009) after 2 Central Line insertions, 2 Major Surgeries, 7 Bone Marrow Biopsies, 2 lumbar punctures, 7 CT scans, 9 X rays, 2 echo cardiographs, 16 invasive procedures including 6 NG Tube insertions, 7 venepunctures, 31 finger pricks, 26 blood transfusions, 54 platelet transfusions, 3 bouts of chemotherapy, and 1 Bone Marrow Transplant, with a bravery bead for each event (including a bead for 3 reward days, 11 happy days and 1 holiday) and after 204 days away, I am home!

8 comments:

  1. aw lize you just brought a tear to my eye! i am SOOO happy for you and your family, you really are such a true inspiration to many. Miss you lots and I really hope to see you sometime in the near future
    lots of love lexi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lize!
    I've been checking the blog religiously and was so excited to see exactly what everyone wanted to hear! So excited! seriously. You are a champion. Can't wait to see you back home
    love Sarah xoxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear you're home Eliza! There's no place quite like it, and after 204 days away from it I'm sure you're well aware of this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thats great news Eliza for you and all your family, hope you did get to watch Georgia play today,as I hear they played really well. all the best Gaye and Emma

    ReplyDelete
  5. THAT IS JUST THE BEST NEWS! hOW aWESOME YOU ARE FINALLY HOME. BeT YOU AnD ALL yOUR fAMIlY ARE SO exCITED, jusT AS EXCITED aS I AM FOR YOU.. you GO GIRL!!! JoDIE, MarCUS,NIcK, CHloE AND ToM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well Miss Eliza,
    What a great surprise and what a thrill to see you sitting up in the car in FORBES yesterday. Well done, keep smiling and I do love the bravery beads....lots of pink!
    Take care, love to all,
    Janet N-K

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Eliza,
    Great to hear that you are home. Keep up the good work.
    The Quirks

    ReplyDelete
  8. Katherine and MichelleJune 6, 2009 at 7:07 PM

    Hi Eliza Loo!!
    Wonderful news!! Home at last! You're one tough little cookie. Can't wait to hear the all clear, 100% well news.
    The angel from Orange

    To Eliza,
    Good to hear you can go home! Can't wait to make
    soup and play hide and seek in Nanny Lindsay's garden with you.Hope you got my letters that I wrote you in the holidays.Good Luck!!
    From Katherine Lindsay-Orange.

    Dear Eliza,
    Hi! How are you? I haven't seen you for a long time. You might have grown taller. I have a fringe now and my hair is shorter. Can't wait till we see you.
    Love a lot - Michelle

    ReplyDelete