Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Could it be????


Apart from feeling quite a lot better today, this morning I received the encouraging news that I had produced 0.4 white cells in my daily blood count. This could be what I've been waiting for. The side effects of the chemo are starting to disappear, the drugs are slowly being reduced, and I've been all day without spiking a temperature over 38 degrees. I am still having some abdominal pain from time to time, which is occassionally severe, and they've given me back the pain releif. It doesn't seem to work though. Before they give me the antibiotic called Vancomicin each day, they give me Phenergan first, and that really knocks me out. This afternoon, I got Dad to set up the Wii for me and I had a game of tennis, some bowling, and a hit of golf. I didn't get out of bed though. Everyone tells me I'm starting to look better, and the mucusitis is all but gone now, so maybe those little white cells are there working in the background, and we're just starting to see them showing up. I sure hope so. Come on little guys. Come on. The picture show my dog Jess watching over me with the pole with 11 different drugs and things running in.

2 comments:

  1. such good news lize!! keep figthing, thinking of u heapssss
    love always lexi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news Eliza. We are thinking of you heaps. From the Bergers

    ReplyDelete