Monday, March 30, 2009

A Good Day!

Day 24 post BMT. I have felt relatively well today. Poor Mum picked up a cold, and wasn't able to visit. Kristen and Aimee went home to Forbes with Jay. Dad had the Monday Midday Meeting with the doctors on his own. Good news today. My white cells are still 0.8, and my platelets were down again, BUT, today Dr Melissa told Dad that under the microscope, they could actually see neutrophils. Too few yet to count, but they are coming. I am also trying to eat again. There's nothing I can find that I like. Today I tried spaghetti on toast. Disgusting. I used to love it. Vegemite on toast used to be yummy. Couldn't even try it. I tried some plain old Doritos. At first they were a little bit off, but I had a second, and then a third, and a few more after that. I'll try again tomorrow. I'm off all pain medications, and my NG feeds are up at 65ml per hour. I really want to get out of this room, but the doctors have told me that my neutrophils have to be more than 0.5 for three consecutive days, before they can allow me out. Let's see what tomorrow brings.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Eliza keep hanging in there, your a brave girl and I think of you often. Say hi to your folks for me and let you mum get out for an hours walk at some stage. Keep growing those whites and have a big celebration for the first neutrophil. Cheers Alison

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi eliza sorry can't be there. your the one with no immune system but I'm the one to get sick! Go figure! Hope dad's looking after you and not being too annoying!! Miss you heaps and hope to see you tomorrow. love mum xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heyy

    poor mummy getting a cold haha

    Love you

    Hope ur getting better

    miss youu

    xx Elly xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Guys. Im glad all is going well. Congrats on having the line removed, its great! And on becoming a teenager, wow now your parents will really have to be on their toes! Can you text me your post address? Oh and if I hear you are in Canberra and you dont let me know I will be very upset...

    ** Alison Simkus**

    ReplyDelete