Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Wishing for Whites




After you've had a Bone Marrow Transplant (BMT), you can expect blood recovery anytime from about day 14 onwards. It can take up to six weeks in some cases, and I sure hope I'm not one of those. Today is 23rd March which for me is day 17 post transplant, and whilst I don't feel very well, some things have slightly improved. The doctors tell us that this could be the very first signs of white cells starting to be produced. The problem for me is that with so many things to repair, they probably can't show up until a few of the repairs are completed. I don't feel quite as nauseas as I did a couple of days ago, and they are trying to wean me off some of the drugs My hands are so sore, because the skin is peeling off them. The mucusitis is not as severe as it was, and I can now actually speak without sounding like I'm gargling at the same time. I need platelets every day so I can stop bleeding, and I have red blood cells about every second or third day. Come on white cells. Come on!

No comments:

Post a Comment