Friday, March 27, 2009

Happy 21st to me!!!!

Today is my 21st. That is BMT plus 21. On tuesday my white cells were 0.4, on Wednesday they were 0.5, yesterday they were 0.6, and today, they were 0.6 again. I'm generally feeling a bit better, except for the key holes where they did my lung operation are really sore for some reason. They are so sore, that lifting my arm is a killer, and if you touch me there, I will probably punch you. Well I would if that didn't hurt too. The doctors have a theory that now that I'm producing white cells, they are targeting those sites, which may have some infection there, and the soreness is because they are getting better. Well I hope so anyway. I've been having a go with the Wii, which is frustrating as well as fun, but it makes me a little bit tired. The drugs are slowly being reduced, and yesterday I ate a little bit of lettuce. At first I thought it was ok, but later I thought it was disgusting. My taste buds have gone stupid, and they've forgotten what I like. I hope they start remembering soon, I don't want to have to like stuff I didn't like before. Yesterday was my first day since transplant where I went all day without a fever. That means I went 24 hours without spiking over 38 degrees. Hopefully I can keep going so that my isolation can finish, and my friends can come and visit me again.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Eliza, fantastic, happy 21st, look forward to taking you on in Wii tennis once the arm is better, and then camping. Luv Unc Dal Aunty Olg & Boys xxx

    ReplyDelete