Monday, March 2, 2009

Last Chemo Before Transplant

My last chemo started on 25th February, counting down to 6th March. 6th March is the day scheduled for my bone marrow transplant. They call this the countdown with 25th February being day "minus 9" and tranplant day being day "zero". From then we start counting out. The chemo drugs they use in this lot are Fludarabine, which I've had before, Busulphan, which I haven't, and Malfalan, which I have not had before and is regarded as one of the "chuckiest" chemotherapies. Today is day "minus 3", Tuesday 3rd March. Let me tell you, Busulphan is pretty chuckie. The drugs they give to stop you feeling sick are antimetics, and the best one I've had is called Dexamethazone. However, they cannot give too much of that with this treatment, so they're trying to save it for the Malfalan days. I've only had Mum with me since last Tuesday, because poor old Dad had a sore throat on Wednesday morning, and exiled himself back to Forbes. A good thing he did, because before he even got home it had developed into a cold. I've been moved out of my big end room, and into a smaller one on my own, nearly back to where I started in November. My next move will be into isolation, on Friday, for my transplant. It's getting pretty tough now, and I've got a brand new rash today. It could be from the chemo, or it could be from the plateletes, or it just could be because. I will be really glad when this chemo is all over.

2 comments:

  1. eliza, you are almost there. u r such an inspiration. missing you lots music buddy! xxx lexi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 21st
    haha

    ur funny

    xx

    ReplyDelete