Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Transplant Day Plus 17


Mum & Dad, the nurses, and the doctors all tell me I'm looking better. I am starting to feel better. I'm also now starting to heal a little. I just need my temperature spikes to go away. I seem to have at least one or two every day. A temperature spike for an oncology patient is anything 38 degrees or more. I've already had one trip to 39.7 degrees. Not nice. Today, Monday 23rd March, I actually got to get out of the isolation room for a short time, but it wasn't by choice. It was so they could do a CT scan on me again, just to make sure I haven't got an infection which is causing the temperatures. I've actually been able to sit up a little in the last two days and do some scrap booking, one of my favourite hobbies. I get to do it with one of my favourite people, the play therapist Cathy. Yesterday I made a birthday card for my friend Elly. Happy Birthday Elly. This is me with Cathy Quinn, the legendary play therapist at Westmead Kids.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Eliza. Can't be too much longer before you leave the isolation room. That will be great. Your Dad gave us the link to your blog which is terrific by the way. We can know how you are without always asking your Mum or Dad.

    Take care and say hello to all of your family for us (we saw Christen in Forbes last weekend). The Langleys (Canberra)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear things are on the improve. You and your family are in our thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the card..
    It was great

    im working on one for you..

    xx Elly

    ReplyDelete