Friday, April 3, 2009

Day 28 = 4 Weeks = 1 month


After 4 long weeks in isolation, the light at the end of the tunnel is definitely on. Dim, but on! Today I had a small positive move in my counts. White cells were 1.5, neutrophils were 0.4, and haemoglobin holding at 94. Remember, I only need 0.5 neutrophils for three consecutive days to be able to take a walk out of this room. The rash I spoke about yesterday has subsided a little. It could still come back, and to be honest, the doctors wouldn't mind if it did. I still sometimes feel a bit sick, but it passes fairly quickly. I'm back on higher calorie feeds, and now and I only have three pumps on my pole, and they're all going into one central line. It's only two weeks ago there were eleven lines running into four. My weight is holding, and I've even started school work again. Lots of people are starting to write comments on my blog too. Thanks everyone. If you submit your comment as "anonymous", don't forget to sign it, otherwise I wont know who it's from.

I need 0.5 tomorrow, Sunday and Monday. Let't start chanting. Point five, point five, point five, point five, point five, point five, point five, point five, point five............................................................

5 comments:

  1. we are so excited and happy things are starting to swing your way Eliza.Thinking of you always Gaye and Emma Bayley

    ReplyDelete
  2. How great is that, we will chant as loud as we can. always in our thoughts.
    Jodie, Nick and Chloe Morrison

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending you A BIG HIGH FIVE!

    and ANOTHER ONE

    and ANOTHER ONE

    Luv,

    Miss Lia

    ReplyDelete
  4. POINT FIVE POINT FIVE POINT FIVE POINT FIVE POINT FIVE POINT FIVE POINT FIVE POINT FIVE POINT FIVE POINT FIVE POINT FIVE POINT FIVE
    POINT FIVE POINT FIVE POINT FIVE POINT FIVE

    xx
    Elly

    ReplyDelete
  5. come on those neutrophils. Its great to see you looking alot better! Hopefully you're point 5 by Wednesday 'cause we'll be up for a clinic visit and it would be great to see you all. Cheers Alison

    ReplyDelete