Friday, April 17, 2009

Six Weeks Since Transplant

Friday 17 April is six weeks post transplant. There's only Mum and me in Sydney today and tomorrow, because everyone else has gone home to Forbes for Eliza's Day at Forbes Rugby Club. I have been advised tonight that Hubbo will shave his head tomorrow. Let me tell you Hubbo, shaving it off is a much easier way to lose your hair than by chemo, but the end result will be the same. You'll look hot. The girls wont be able to keep there hands off you. I'm sure you'll be happy with that. You'll save heaps on shampoo, conditioner, time wasted in front of the mirror, and expensive trims. It's just so easy. Shower time is halved, so you're actually doing the planet a favour because you're doing your bit for global warming.
Today my counts are better. WCC is up to 3.0, the highest yet. Neutrophils are 1.6 and my Haemoglobin and Platelets are starting to hold. It's over a week since I had platelets. Still having trouble with the nausea, but I have managed to eat a little more today, but on the downside, they've put me back onto IV fluids, because I just physically cannot drink enough. I'm sure that wont be a problem at Grinsted Oval tomorrow. The Platypii take on the Bathurst Bulldogs. I know it wont be easy boys, but do your best. Go the Platypii. Thankyou to all the people who have made Eliza's Day for me. I'm sorry I cannot be there, but Dad, Rhys, and the other girls will be there for me. Big thankyous to Jackie Milton, Phil & Jude Prior, Rugey and Jude, Tracey Prior, Alison Uphill, Sprocket, and of course Hubbo. Thankyou too, to everyone else who has in any way contributed to the day. I'll find out in time who you all are, but thankyou all the same.

While the Platypii do battle with Bathurst, Melanie Bett will be representing Forbes at the Royal Easter Show. I really want her to be Miss Showgirl.

Go the Platypii.

Go Melanie.

Love Eliza. xx

7 comments:

  1. Eliza your that beautiful i read about your blogs in the Forbes Advocate and decided to have a look, its great that your counts are better!
    Hope they stay this way :)
    Keep smiling chicki!
    Love Sarah Coles xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Eliza, Loza's mum here. Good to hear all going well apart from the nausea. Its great to hear they are finally discussing the "D" word. Hang in there and you'll be on your way before you know it. I'm sure you will be in everyone's hearts today. Stay well and keep those counts rising. Luv Lisa F

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Eliza, You are one remarkable young girl. All of Forbes is behind you.
    Take care of yourself.
    Hugs and Kisses
    Luv
    Kim Wright xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. thinking of you lize, i just realised when i commented one of your other blogs i didn't put my name! well i just made a blog then so at least i wont forget lol :)
    hope you had an okay weekend
    goodluck this week, thinking of you always xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Eliza

    The Eliza's day was great fun !

    we had you tattoed on our face and arm

    (L)

    Love you

    Elly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Eliza , You would be amazed nd very proud off the efforts of the union boys that lined up to have the hair shaved off.Was great to see. Your dad will have heaps of photos for you and yes hubbo did go through with hes word.Rhys did back up again and danced the night away .He is Still picking on me.Heaps and heaps of love .Give Mum a big hug for me and hope to see you soon...love Jo and Jayden

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Eliza, it was such a good day at the football on Sat. I have never laughed so much at young Scotty the playpi! The crowd I was with were laughing so much - we were hoping that Kristen didn't think we were laughing at her. I think he could give the girls a run for their money though! it was great catching up with Dad. He was just so blown away with everything. Forbes Rugby put in a huge effort as they always do. It was just a shame you and Mum couldn't make it. Anyway, I hope you get back home soon. Say hi to Mum.
    Lots of love
    Pat Howarth xxx

    ReplyDelete