Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Monday, Day 38

Easter Monday is 38 days post transplant. Started off a bit ordinarily, with a blockage in my NG tube, the one that my feeds go through, and then the finger pricking lady turned up, and this one hurt more than any before. Maybe my fingers are just too sensitive after being pricked so many times. One of the chemicals used to unblock the NG tube made me feel a little bit off too, probably because it's very acidic and high in sugar. It's also black in colour, and coincidentally taken by millions of people around the world every day. It's Coca Cola. It helps to dissolve blockages in the line. I was feeling a bit nauseas, but once I had my Ondansatron, and got up and about, I felt better. Ate some lunch, had a cup of tea, played a game of golf. Wii Golf that is. Check out my Wii golf character below right. In the top photo, I'm showing the girls my finger prick holes, and in the bottom picture, me and Kristen are listening to Georgia react after she "missed a putt" in Wii golf.

2 comments:

  1. you look better every time i see your blog pictures, small steps, great to see you out side on the bike and the family around you again .
    heaps of hugs
    jo and jayden

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Eliza,
    Great seeing you with all those Easter eggs and also knowing that you visited the Unit on Easter Sunday. I don't have much experience in golfing on wii but I did some boxing on wii some time ago. I would look forward to some tips from you our wii golfing.
    Will look forward to visiting you at Westmead soon.
    Warmest Regards and Best Wishes to you and all at Westmead.
    From all of us.
    Jay, Sampa, Jaideep and Diya.

    ReplyDelete