Thursday, April 16, 2009

Day 41 The D Word Has Been Used

Tomorrow is 6 weeks post BMT (transplant). Today, Mum and Dad had a meeting with BMT team, as they do every week, but today the doctors did use the "D" word. In hospital terms, the D word is something to look forward to, because it means DISCHARGE!!! Now, let's not get too far ahead of ourselves here, but they did use the word. Here are the "ifs". "If" I can get my fluid intake up, and "If" my nausea settles down, and "If" I can handle all my medications orally without throwing them back up, then they see no reason why I could not be discharged. This would mean visiting the hospital daily at the beginning, then three times per week, then once per week. Hopefully I can manage this over the next 4 or 5 weeks. Fingers crossed. Here is a pictorial history of day 41 so far. Cooking muffins with Cathy, and playing the Wii Australian Open with the girls. Making muffins is a good way to get rid of some of the drugs I don't want to take, he he he!!!


4 comments:

  1. lize thas such good news! u just made my day :)
    those muffins look yum, pls tell cathy i say hi!
    hope the D word remains in the dr's vocabulary :P
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear the "D" word - fingers crossed!!! Wish I could have had some of those muffins - they look pretty good - not sure what Aimee was up to though - ballet in a hospital room? See you soon. Alice Morrison

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Eliza,
    Reading your Blog I don't think I would be alone in envisaging for you a career in medicine or journalism, or even politics if you would like to join the dark side! I hope everything continues going well for you in your recovery and that Kristen is not annoying you too much!

    Say Hi to your Dad for me!

    Mel Smith

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Eliza
    I have just sat down late tonight to read up on your daily activities.
    "WOW" What great and exciting news to read about the D word. We will still hold you in our prayers and keep baking those muffins as they look delicious.
    Did Dad,Mum and the girls eat them all or did you save some for later?
    Keep up the activities and riding. Trevor, Mitchell and Shannen say "Hi". Will talk again soon. LoL to everyone. Sandra T

    ReplyDelete