Friday, April 10, 2009

Good Friday

Things were better last night, slightly, but this morning I wake up feeling a bit off again. Three days per week, someone from Pathology comes in to take a blood sample to test my cyclosporin levels (anti rejection drug). They do it by giving me a finger prick, which wears very thin after a while. They always seem to be able to coincide with when I feel sick. My daily blood counts have dropped a bit again which is disappointing. WCC was 1.8 this morning and neutrophils were 0.8. The doctors all say that's normal to go up and down, but when you've been down so long, up is the only direction of interest. Everything is being timed for me to be unplugged from about 12.30 for about 6 hours. During this time, I am actually allowed to go to the unit. Here's hoping I feel well enough. This is me last night chatting on line, and giving my own medications.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Liza
    I was just wondering when will you be able to have visitors?
    Get well soon.....Luv ya<3
    Carly

    ReplyDelete
  2. You might of been chatting to me !


    haha


    love ya

    xx

    Elly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Eliza sorry you're not feeling so well. I hope that you are able to see the nsw Showgirls on Tuesday 14th when they visit Westmead. Mel will be there looking out for you or news of you. They will be there from 10 til 11.30. keep smiling luv Sue B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Eliza.
    It's been raining out here. 10 mils. Long trip on the way home from Sydney. Dad and I called in and saw 2 slow horses. Hope you are feeling better and I'll talk to you soon.
    Love Shannen
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete