Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Sunday, One of My Best Yet

Today the Easter Bunny came, my counts were back up, I went to the unit for four hours, and Kristen, Tom, Aimee, Georgia and I, all played Wii sports for the afternoon. I took an Ondansatron wafer this morning for the nausea, another one at 12.30, and then rode the bike to the unit. I even managed to eat a little bit of lunch (lettuce and beetroot, and two bites of hot cross bun) and still felt ok. I had to be back at the hospital by 4.00pm, not for any medical reason, but to watch the Tigers and the Sea Eagles do battle at Brookvale. I go for the Tigers, and so does Tom & Georgia. Dad's a Sea Eagle. Sea Eagles won. Never mind, I ended up doing some scrap booking with Kristen, and we've started our own Eliza & Kristen scrapbook. Actually, I did have to be back to start my feeds again, but to me, today, that was a side issue. I sure hope these good days continue, and my appetite keeps coming back. If it doesn't, I don't know how I'm going to handle all these Easter eggs. Here's me on Easter Sunday Morning (top), with Mum outside our unit in Redbank Rd, on the bike in the unit, and back in my room with my little Easter friends (bottom).

7 comments:

  1. Dear Eliza, nice to meet you...
    My daughters Helen and Sophia are sending you their best wishes...
    Many kisses from all of us...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Eliza,
    Dad has told me all about your story and I've just read your blog for the first time. We're so happy to hear you've at last had a good day..and we wish you many more. Enjoy those Easter eggs!
    Love to you and your family,
    Penny and Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay....a great solo Liza!

    The Easter bunny WAS generous, and I'm sure there will be lots of offers to help you eat all that chocolate if you can't manage.

    Looking forward to seeing your next solo work,

    luv,

    Miss Lia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Eliza,
    You really are the best.....fancy giving your own medication...know you'll make a great doctor!!
    The bike riding looks great and I look forward to seeing you back around the lake soon. Hope Dad is keeping up the foot work...City 2 Surf in August you know!
    Love to you and all your family. Happy Easter and lots more days of feeling well.
    Janet N-K

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crissy, Neil, Jasmin, Amber, Braydon and Bonnita.April 13, 2009 at 2:28 PM

    Dear Eliza,
    Happy Easter to you and the family. Lovely to see that you can get out and about a bit, and that the Easter Bunny was nice to you. Hope the appetite keeps coming back, pity to waste the yummy eggs, hide them until you feel more in the chocolatly mood. Hope the rest of the family are well with no more sniffles. Great to see your "numbers" keep going in the right direction and the nausea stays away so you can keep venturing out and about. Are best wishes, thoughts and love to you.
    Regards the "Mates" from Shell Cove

    ReplyDelete
  6. so nice to see you out of ur room! pls tel ur mum i say hi :) i keep forgetting to ask you, do you see much of little alana and the other little girl ( i cant remember her name)?
    have a good easter monday lots love xxx lexi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum

    the easter bunny was very good to you..

    missing you like crazy..

    come home soon

    Bye

    Elly

    ReplyDelete