Monday, April 6, 2009

One Step Sideways

Well after the big build up, today my neutrophils actually fell a little. Back to 0.5, but hey, I've had three days of 0.5 or better, so tonight, when it's all quiet, and there's nobody around, I'm allowed to go for a walk down the corridor of the ward, but not out of the ward. My white cells today were down to 1.5, but I don't feel too bad. The doctors are trying to change all my medications to oral over the course of the next week to ten days, so I can get out. My isolation status will continue even when I'm "out" in so much as I will have to limit my contact with other people as much as possible. That's why Mum and Dad are not staying at Ronald McDonald House itself, but in a unit nearby, so that when I can get out of hospital, I will not be near a lot of other kids. I've been well enough the last two or three days to play Wii with Georgia, and today I've been playing Wii golf, bowling and tennis with her. When I am allowed out of hospital, it will be to go out for a few hours down to the unit, but come back at night. That will probably last for about a week. My next step would be to stay out of hospital, but to come back about three times per week for check ups. When I can be out of hospital, but only have weekly checkups, is when i can hopefully come home to Forbes. When will that be? Maybe a month? Who can say? This is the sign on my door!

2 comments:

  1. Heyy

    who's been winning in Wii

    have fun strolling the corridor

    hopefully you can come back to Forbes
    if you do come back to Forbes call me

    i need a good chat with you

    missing you muchly

    elly

    ReplyDelete
  2. lize u must feel special! people need special permission to see you ;)
    gr8 to see ur levels r going up
    thinking of u ALWAYS xx Lexi

    ReplyDelete