Sunday, April 19, 2009

Day 43. A Special Day.

For me, today was not much different to any other day here at Westmead, but I know it was a very special day for me. For my part, my counts were actually down a little, but nothing to be alarmed about. It was what was happening back home in Forbes that was so special.

Today, the Forbes Rugby Club had their first home game for the season against Bathurst Bulldogs, and they dubbed the day Elizas Day. They held auctions, ran a chocolate wheel, had face painting and jumping castle for the kids, had my dance school dancing at half time, ran raffles, made fairy floss, and all sorts of things to raise money to help me fight leukaemia. Mum and Dad always said they had great friends, and I can see why.

I can't believe how many people there were to help, and how many people were there to help make the day a success. I'll probably be talking about this day more when Dad gets back here with the photos. Dad has been sending me photos all day on the phone. Can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment