Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Here I Come!!!!

Yippee! Today my white cells went over 1. They were 1.3, but best of all, my neutrophils are coming, they are 0.3. If I can get three consecutive days over 0.5, I'm allowed to come out of the isolation room when things are quiet. Who knows, might even get back on the bike. My heamoglobin is holding about 97, but alas, I can't make those cheeky little platelets yet. This morning they were down at 14, so they had to give me some. You'd be amazed at how easy you bleed when your platelets are low. You've just got to think you have a bleeding gum and guess what, your gum will bleed. The doctors have said they'll give me platelets only if I go under 20. They really want my new bone marrow to have every chance to make their own.

Here I come!!!!


This is the view from my pillow. Kathy the Play Therapist gave my room a dancing theme before I moved in.

8 comments:

  1. Woohoo!!! I'm so excited...not as much as you i bet! and i'm coming back on the weekend:-) its me being there that ur white cells love;-) so ill just have to come back right away so more come!!! love you to the moon and back! love kristen xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Liza,
    Sounds like the good guys are getting a foot in the door and you could be back terrorising the halls on your bike soon - I hope so, you must be sick of staying in bed!

    Thinking white for you, :)

    luv,

    Miss Lia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Eliza,

    I'm Andrew Scott's daughter and I have been hearing all about your story from the start.. I'm studying nursing and spent 3 weeks with adults with leukaemia recently and learnt alot.. Hope your WBC & your neutrophils keep on climbing!!!! Love your blog, will keep following your adventure!! All the best

    Sally!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soon enough that bike will be in use


    beep beep here comes eliza beep beep


    haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey liza
    missing ya heaps
    hope you get better soon
    ur sister amy is tutoring me in dear lol
    luv ya sooooo much get better soon
    moo:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Liza

    I can not wait till you come back home. It's great to hear you are getting better.
    Miss you heaps--Luv you

    Carlyxo <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. heyy eliza
    hope everything goes well from now on.... get better soon beautiful and i will come see you lol x
    talk soon xx lots of love
    love darcie

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey its wrighty hope ur well soon we all miss ya can't wait 2 see u again high school is fun but at the same time pretty borin so ur not missin out on much hopefully we'll see u soon
    wrighty

    ReplyDelete