Saturday, April 11, 2009

Easter Saturday


Day 36. Easter Saturday. Counts down a bit again today, bummer. However, my platelets are starting to hold a little better, so all is not bad. Kristen and Aimee arrived from Forbes tonight, which will be nice. Thanks for all the comments everyone. I'd better answer a few of your questions. Elly, yes, it probably was you I was chatting to. It could have been Josh Bennett, or even Kristen, or anyone of another fifty people, but it was probably you. Hi Carly. You wanted to know when I could have visitors. That's a tricky one. I can have visitors, but I just have to be really, really careful. Anyone who comes to visit me can't have a cold, a runny nose, a sore throat or anything resembling an ailment. They can't have had a virus within the last month, or have been with anyone who has. They should not feel unwell at all, and if they do visit, they must wash their hands before they come in, and I can only have a maximum of two visitors at a time. The fact is, that my isolation will continue for the next few months, even though I wont be in the isolation room. The bottom line is, if you have any doubt, don't come. Otherwise, when are you coming? You should check with Mum and Dad before you come, just in case I'm feeling a little off, or I've had a set back or something. I've been allowed out to go to the unit both yesterday and today, but each time I got there, I didn't feel too flash, so I retreated to the safety of the hospital. I am improving, but it's going to be a long and slow mountain road. Below is me laying in bed waiting for my transfusion to finish so I can get out for a while, giving myself eyedrops, and, at right, riding out of the ward on the bike for the first time in over a month.


3 comments:

  1. that mini bike ride looked like fun lize!
    we have to chat on msn and webcam soon k!?
    happy easter to u and ur family :)
    xxx lexi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go girl on the bike, what a feeling that would of been for you to get out. thinking of you
    Jodie, Nick and Chloe Morrison

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Elisa, its taking me some time to finaly read your blog.You have to be one of the strongest people i have ever meet.I belevie this is what is pulling you through.Say Hi to Mum and Dad for me they must be so so very proud to have such a beautifull daughter and of course the rest of the woods gang.Ryse has been working with me at the pub and hes is a pain I think he picks on me because your not there so PLEASE come home soon. We all miss you.I got a very nice surprise to see your photo with the rest of year 7. Heaps and Heaps of love , keep climbing that ladder of health and you will be home soon.(got any thing i can get Ryse back with)
    love Jo Hemming

    ReplyDelete