Sunday, April 5, 2009

Progress Report Day Plus 30


So far so good as far as counts go. Today my WCC was 1.9 and the neutrophils are 0.7. Heamoglobin has dropped a little to 86, and they had to give me platelets, again, because I was down to 13. That was my 52nd lot of platelets. The counts are going the right way for my escape plan tomorrow, but for some reason, I still feel sick. Mmm? Something I ate? Nope, haven't eaten anything! Kristen and Aimee are here for a visit today, which is good. Dad has the sniffles again, so he's banned himself. Tomorrow they will start me on Bactrum again to help protect my lungs against pneumonia. This is a common threat to immuno suppressed people, like me. So, tomorrow, when my counts come back, if I'm 0.5 or more, I can take a stroll up the corridor when there's no one around.

3 comments:

  1. Dear Eliza,
    Hello from the Mates.
    Aunty Jeanette(Mum)told us about your blog and I have been reading up on your progress. Great to see you are heading in the right direction, that light at the end of the tunnel must be getting brighter,even if it only leads to the corridor outside your isolation room . Sorry to here "Dad" is sniffly, hope "Mum" is well. Lovely to see your sisters are able to see you, you always seem brighter (or your writings at least) when your family are there. Hope Georgia is also well. Great to see even though you feel "yucky" you can still manage a smile, and a beautiful smile it is. All our kids say "Hi" and Jasmin is keen to call into see you again when you can have other visitors, she will be in ath the end of the month herself for a few days so we hope you are up to some visitors by then. Hope all the numbers are still going in the right direction and our thoughts are with you.
    Love Crissy, Neil, Jasmin, Amber, Braydon and Bonnita.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Liza! Up, Up and away!!!!!

    Hope you get to see the outside of your room on Monday...

    luv

    Miss Lia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Come .5. You can do it. It is nice to see your smiling face. I hope you can get out of the room tomorrow.

    The Bergers

    ReplyDelete