Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Day 46. This could be my last.

"My last what" I hear you ask! Well guess what! The D word has been used again. This time it has been used with a capital "D". At the Monday meeting yesterday, the doctors told Mum and Dad, that as far as they are concerned, they are happy for me to be discharged. So, fingers crossed, tomorrow (Wednesday 22nd April, 2009) I will be out of hospital. (It's Nannas birthday tomorrow, so that would be a nice present for her).

However, all that means is that I will be with Mum & Dad at the unit, and coming into hospital every second day to have my blood tests done. I hope that will speed my recovery, because I always feel better when I'm at the unit. Sometimes I get a bit sick, but it mostly passes before long, and I'm ok again.


Today, my counts were again largely unchanged, but my WCC was 3.2, which is my highest overall WCC since transplant, and I had some visitors as well. Our friends the Williams' dropped in to say hi.

9 comments:

  1. Hi Eliza

    It's great news, We can't wait to have you back!!
    You're completely amzing and brave

    Miss you lots... Luv from Erica...xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEY ELIZA xx

    I cant wait till you come back!

    You sound like your getting well every day!

    love you

    xx
    Elly

    ReplyDelete
  3. lize thats excellent news!!! so happy for you :) thinking of you heaps
    lexi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How good is that news!!!!!
    Hope all keeps going well and soon you will be back home....
    love Jodie, Marcus, Nick, Chloe and Tom Morrison

    ReplyDelete
  5. Free at last! How good is that! I will be imagining you buzzing around the unit with mum & dad, getting stronger and faster every day.

    luv,

    Miss Lia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Eliza,
    You're right you know...Forbes is a great place just because its full of people like you and your family, people who care, who love and who laugh lots.
    Thats why last Saturday was so great and all everyone wants from it is for every cent raised to lift your counts by .1, .2, .3 or whatever it takes for you to take hold of the "D" word and come home with your family.
    Looks like it might even be working!!!!
    Have a great birthday with your Nanna.
    Take care, love to all your family,
    Andrew and Janet N-K

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the 'd' word!! Freedom at last.

    You are a young lady to be admired.
    A daughter to be very proud of.
    A sister to be very lucky to have.
    You are an inspiration to us all.
    You go girl and kick butt!!

    love from the hot chick admirer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So is it wine and cheese at your place on Monday night? We'll be back for Alani's check up.
    Awesome to hear that you are getting close to leaving that room for good. It would have done my head in a long time ago.
    See you next week
    Todd, Mel, Zach and Alani

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey eliza

    good news to here but still can't wait till your home and back at school


    loza

    ReplyDelete