Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The Good & the Bad

First the Good. I was right, my neutrophils were over 1.0. They were 1.3, and my WCC was a massive 2.8. I slept well too. The Bad news, I have had a bad day with nausea and tonight I had a dose of Largactil. Good stuff that, stops me feeling sick, but knocks you out cold. Because I'm feeling sick, they decided I should keep the Cyclosporin going through the pump for another night, which is good, because the tablet I'd have to swallow instead looks like the size of a minty. Back to the Good, I've got the bike back. The physios brought it in today so I would have it over Easter. This means I will be able to terrorise the corridor in Camperdown ward yet again, except I have to do it when nobody else is around. Oh well, means I can go faster. Finally, another good. Today I received a really nice surprise. A quilt was delivered to Ronald McDonald House which had been made especially for me by four lovely ladies from home. Sue Bett, Fiona Ferguson, Adrienne Hamilton, and Wendy Morrow. Thankyou ladies, it's awsome. Hopefully I will be well enough tomorrow to have a photo of me with the quilt.

5 comments:

  1. Eliza's back on the bike WOOOH


    shes coming round there, shes come over there, Oh and wow SHES WON THE RACE!

    woooh (croud cheering)

    Hope to see that quilt. Its probably very lovely.

    Elly xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Eliza, don't crash while terrorising round in the corridors. Are you a learner or a p-plater. Great to see you up and about abit. Hope the easter bunny can find you.
    love from the Sweeneys

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go WCC!
    Sorry to hear you were feeling icky...I think 'Wheelie' has realised he is nothing without you and is hanging on as long as he can before his inevitable return to the storage cupboard!

    Wishing you a 'wheelie free' Easter and beware bunnies bearing gifts on your bikescapades...

    luv,

    Miss Lia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yessss!!! Gotta love the bike:-) bags riding on the back! hehe...i'll be seeing you soon!! I'll make you better:-) with back tickles yay!
    love kristen xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Eliza Aunty Cathy, Uncle David, Brett Jack & Hannah are constantly thinking of you. Love the blogspot. Keep being positive, love to all Happy Easter

    ReplyDelete